- Information I collect
To complete your orders, you must provide certain information, such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. Without this information I cannot provide a service to you. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information that you might not be able to give me through automated forms, if you contact me directly.
In addition, you are required to enter an e-mail to comment on blog posts around the site.
- About collection of the information
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect and use your information, including:
- As needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to complete your order, to settle a problem with an order, or to provide support;
- When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time.
- If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
- As necessary for the purpose of my legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving my services. I use your information to provide the services you requested and in my legitimate interest to improve my services.
- The e-mail data attached to comments is not publicly displayed and is only for the purpose of tracking who the comments actually belong to, in order to be able to block malicious comments effectively. This data is not used for any other purpose and will not be used for direct e-mail contact.
- Shared information
Information about people accessing my website and services is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to a legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
- Data Retention
- Your Rights
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me through the means available to you through the website, but I encourage you to seek independent legal advice, as this is not my specialty.
Please remember that I am also a human being with similar rights trying to make an honest living, so it is never in my interest to cause harm to my customers.